After School Arts Program
Tuesdays or Thursdays
The Foundry After School Arts Program is a 8 or 12 week program for students in 1st-5th grades. We will have 10 weeks of classes on Tuesday (NEW Evansville Location) or 12 weeks of classes on Thursday (NEW Newburgh Location).
We are truly so excited to be able to offer our program in two new locations! Classes will no longer be offered in the Foundry Building at 8255 Bell Oaks Drive in Newburgh. Please note our new locations below.
Full program details are listed below. This is a drop off program. Doors will open at 3:30PM for drop off and again at 6:00PM for pick up. Parents will need a photo ID to pick up their child. Space is limited so register your child TODAY!
Tuition is $40 per month (4 weeks of classes)
That’s just $5 per one hour class!
TUESDAY LOCATION (Evansville Partner)
8 WEEKS – BEGINNING TUESDAY, SEPTEMBER 22ND
House of Prayer Evansville (HOPE)
1230 East Michigan St.
Evansville, IN 47711
THURSDAY LOCATION (Newburgh Partner)
12 WEEKS – BEGINNING THURSDAY, AUGUST 20
Abundant Life Community Church (ALCC)
7333 Sharon Road
Newburgh, IN 47630
TRANSPORTATION FROM SELECT SCHOOLS
JOHN H. CASTLE & SHARON ELEMENTARY
The Foundry will provide transportation on Thursdays from John H. Castle Elementary and Sharon Elementary ONLY to our partner site of Abundant Life Community Church. You must register online with the Foundry and provide your child’s teacher with a signed Transportation Permission Form. Forms are available to download at the bottom of this page. These are to be submitted to your child’s teacher, NOT the Foundry. Online registration with payment indicating your child will need to be picked up by the Foundry, and the permission form must be submitted to your child’s school before your child may attend.
We are excited to be able to offer After School Arts Programming once again! We plan to follow all local, state, and federal regulations and guidelines in all of our partner facilities in the safest way possible as that information becomes available and/or changes. The following precautions will be taken to ensure the safety of all students and staff.
- If you’ve been notified by the Department of Health of exposure to COVID-19, do not participate in Foundry classes until 14 days after your exposure.
- If you or anyone in your household are showing symptoms of Fever, Cough, or Shortness of Breath, please refrain from attending any Foundry classes until fever-free for 72 hours.
- Staff will take temperatures of all students at the front door with an infrared, non-contact thermometer. Anyone (staff or students) with a temperature > 99.8º will not be permitted to enter.
- Students and Staff will be required to wear a face mask. Students without a mask will not be allowed in the building. Face shields may be worn in Hip Hop Class only. Face shields and masks will not be provided by the Foundry.
- Frequent cleaning of services and hand washing of both staff and students. We will be taking extra precaution to sanitize all class areas at the change of each class.
For questions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
AFTER SCHOOL ARTS WEEKLY SCHEDULE
Snacks & Games
First One Hour Class
Second One Hour Class
Comic & Cartoon Drawing
Hip Hop Dance
Painting & Drawing
Students use role-playing and basic creative drama exercises to bring scenes and stories to life. Working on self- expression, acting exercises, improvisation and using our imagination we will help the kids create characters and scenes. The class focuses on a wide range of creative activities involving speech, creative movement and theatre games to help the ever growing mind of the creative kid! A great opportunity to make new friends while developing self-confidence!
PAINTING & DRAWING
Students will learn the elements of art foundations through various projects focused in color, shape, line, shape, form, and texture.
COMIC & CARTOON DRAWING
Students will bring their illustrations and imaginations to life by learning various techniques in comic drawing and work on illustrating a comic strip. They will focus on facial expressions, story ideas, backgrounds, and how to perfect their own personal style.
HIP HOP DANCE
This exciting and energetic dance is a blast! Come dance along to upbeat music while memorizing fun choregraphed routines. We will take time each class to keep our bodies in shape by warming up with some stretching and light exercise. We will then transition into learning and practicing dance steps together in a relaxed and supportive environment.
2020 FALL SCHEDULE
Location: House of Prayer Evansville (HOPE)
2020 FALL SCHEDULE
Location: Abundant Life Community Church (ALCC)
- Space is limited. Class options are first come, first serve with class size limits.
- Students are expected to be respectful to teaching artists at all times and kind to their peers. If student behavior is unsatisfactory, parents will be contacted and asked to pick their child up.
- Please dress your child in comfortable, modest clothing and tennis shoes. Students will be playing games and at times sitting on the floor. Please send them with coats if necessary.
- Pick up is at 6PM. For safety, Parents will need to show their ID at pick up.
- If utilizing Foundry Transportation from select schools, a Transportation form will need to be submitted to your child’s school teacher. The school will not allow your child on the Foundry transportation unless this form has been submitted to their teacher.
- All of our classes are taught from a Biblical Worldview. Please refer to The Foundry Center for the Arts Statement of Faith for more information.
- Please keep your child home if they or anyone in the home show signs of illness. If a student becomes ill while at class, parents will be contacted for pick-up.
*PLEASE NOTE BEFORE REGISTERING*
Transportation will be provided on THURSDAY to
John H. Castle Elementary & Sharon Elementary ONLY.
CASTLE & SHARON STUDENTS ONLY:
Transportation Permission Forms must be submitted to your child’s teacher
for permission for the Foundry to pick up your child. Links to the forms are below.
Click on the correct school link, print, and submit to your child’s teacher.
TUESDAY ONLY: All Class options are currently available – Painting & Drawing, Comic & Cartoon, Hip Hop Dance, and Acting